MISSIONARY IN THE PHILIPPINES
Lesley Gomez left England at 22 to serve as a missionary in the Philippines. Today she and her husband Peter run LAMA, a charity and safe house for the abandoned boys of the streets.
- Pray for Peter and Sammy that they will lead our team with renewed strength and vision, leaning on the power of the Holy Spirit. We, and our team, are called to do something that we cannot do – that ONLY GOD can do through us.
- For our team: Gina our Social Worker, Jeli our Book-keeper, Michael, Rico, Jose, Dion and Simon our house-fathers and Charis and Jeanette our house-mothers. That they would know how to manage their often difficult work-load and still prioritise time in prayer and worship. A Licensed Social Worker from the Department of Social Welfare and Development will come to help Gina, pray she will experience the Strength that we rely on.
- Pray for wisdom as we prepare all the requirements needed to meet standards for Accreditation by the DSWD, a difficult process. We aim to not only meet them but to excel.
- Praise God for little ones rescued from awful situations, coming to know Jesus, learning how to worship him, talk to him and live their lives his way! What God is doing is miraculous, no doubt about it!
- Pray for Karen as she goes to live in Canada with Archy.
- Pray for another House-father to join our team. And for each of our team to know the empowering grace and fullness of the Holy Spirit to overcome seemingly un-surmountable difficulties. Nothing is impossible with God